Sunday, July 31, 2011

Camp Testimony

I'll just be honest here, spending my vacation at church camp was NOT on my "to do" list this year. Work has been very hectic this year and I wanted a week of "me" time. I initially had told Bro. Todd that I wouldn't go but I kept hearing a still small voice tell me to GO. I finally conceded and decided to go.

My camp experience actually began two days before everyone else's as Bro. Todd and I left on Saturday to minister at Abundant Life Church in Nocona, TX on Sunday and what a time we had in that service and it just set the stage for a great camp.

I was feeling really nervous about doing worship for a bunch of teens because, unknown to most people, I am not a confident person when it comes to leading worship. As the services started though, and the teens started worshipping, you could feel the Spirit and the anointing in the service and a spirit of freedom was in the house.

Watching the youth get into the services was a true blessing and seeing the change in their lives over the course of 4 nights was amazing. I also received a touch from God on the final night and also received a word from God that was much needed. Adults can get something from camp as well I learned.

My prayer is the kids keep the fire burning in their lives and that the adults will also join suit. It's incredible what God can do when we all enter into the service in one mind and one accord like we did at camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment