Friday, February 11, 2011

Who Am I?

Many of you either don’t know me at all or, if you do know me, you probably just know a few basic things about me from time you spent with me in school or at church.  There are few people who actually KNOW me.  I’m am looked at as many things.  Some people think I’m the funny one while other view me as TOO serious.  Some think I’m the sweetest thing this side of a honey bun while others see me as cranky.  I don’t know how you view me but, one thing is, you don’t know me probably as well as you think you do.  I’ve decided to put together 50 fun (or not so fun) facts about myself to let you get a deeper look into my life and my world.  Here goes:
1.            I originally went to college seeking a Bachelor of Science in Funeral Directing.
2.            I spent 2 years working in the funeral industry.  I have either embalmed or assisted with the embalming of about 200 people.
3.            I play the piano but also can pick out some on the guitar, mandolin, fiddle and bass.  I can also play the harmonica, trombone and clarinet some.
4.            I have recorded one solo project and two projects with groups that I’ve sang with over the years.
5.            I have performed on stage with Shirley Jones of the Partridge Family.
6.            I can fold my tongue into thirds.
7.            I was out of high school for about 3 years before I had my first “serious” relationship.
8.            I was originally supposed to be named Devin but my mother decided to name me Terrill after a weatherman on KOTV.
9.            I am a clothes hoarder (well, not clinically but I do have a ton of clothes) but never can seem to find anything to wear.
10.        I flunked my drivers test the first time I took it.
11.        I am a former county spelling bee champion.  (Can’t remember what year)
12.        I have lived in about 22 different houses.
13.        I attended 8 different schools before graduating.
14.        I have lived in 4 different cities…Tahlequah, Fort Gibson, Muskogee and Edmond.
15.        I graduated in 2006 from NSU with my Bachelors of General Studies Degree.
16.        I am a sex ed teacher.
17.        My job requires me to work with condoms, dental dams, lubricant and plastic anatomical models.  I never planned on doing this for a living.
18.        I am going to return to school in the fall and get another degree.  This time it will be a mass communications degree.
19.        I am married to Christie (Drain) White.
20.        I have a 9 year old daughter that I adopted on her 7th birthday.
21.        My voice is in the baritone range.
22.        I have written several songs and published 2.  One has been recorded.
23.        I am a member of the National Coalition of STD Directors, The Oklahoma HIV Planning Council, The Green Country AIDS Coalition, the Oklahoma Drug & Alcohol Professional Counselor Association and the American School Health Association.
24.        I am a registered writer and publisher with the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP).
25.        I love all types of music but my favorite genre is probably classic rock (believe it or not).\
26.        My favorite bands are Jefferson Airplane; The Mama’s and The Papa’s; Crosby, Stills and Nash and just to make it interesting….Peter, Paul and Mary.
27.        My favorite singer in the whole world is Michael Buble.  He is followed closely by Dean Martin and Perry Como, Janet Paschal and Jimmy Swaggart (yes…the preacher).
28.        My favorite song is actually a brand new song by Third Day called “Follow Me There” which just so happens to be on my favorite CD of all time called “Move”.
29.        My favorite church hymn is “Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing”.
30.        Yes, I love southern gospel music.  Ok…I know that this is a shocker but I figured I would go ahead and say it.
31.        My favorite southern gospel group (right now) would probably have to be The McKameys.  (they’ve been a favorite for years)
32.        I am a born and bred Pentecostal Church of God member.  Have attended PCG churches since I was 2 months old.
33.        I was saved in 1989 at Masena Holiness Church.
34.        My favorite TV shows (right now) are Grey’s Anatomy, CSI, Dirty Jobs and Frasier.
35.        I honestly can count the really, really close friends I’ve had in my life on one hand.  Good, close friends are hard to come by.
36.        I haven’t seen one person that I graduated high school with in probably over 2 years other than just in passing at the store or something. 
37.        I secretly want to be a deer hunter but…shhhhhhhhh….don’t tell anyone.  I hate deer meat though and think it is the most disgusting thing to eat in the world.
38.        I love fishing.  I’m not good at it but I love it.
39.        I hate football.  Just because I’m fat and like to sit in my recliner doesn’t mean I like football.  I loathe it.  Basketball comes in a very close second of sports I hate.  My favorite sport to watch is baseball or softball and boxing.  My favorite sport to play is volleyball (although I stink at it).
40.        I have performed in a professional opera company before.
41.        I have an artificial septum in my nose.
42.        I broke my xyphoid process (the pointy bone on your sternum) during some point in my life.  It sticks straight out and swells up from time to time.  I need to have it removed according the doctor.  (NO THANKS)
43.        My jaws pop and crack…very loudly.
44.        I can blow air out of my eyes and make bubbles come out of my tear ducts.
45.        I can make authentic Cherokee double-wall baskets.
46.        I am a pretty good amateur photographer.
47.        My dream home would be a log cabin in eastern Tennessee.  If I couldn’t live in Eastern Tennessee, Western Arkansas would suffice.
48.        I have no desire to travel outside of the country.  I would, however, love to go to Alaska.
49.        Boxers…..just in case you were wondering.
50.        I have seriously lost every debit card I’ve ever owned.

Ok…50 random facts about me.  Now we know each other a little more and hopefully your life is a little more enlightened.  Leave me a comment and tell me what you think that most fascinating fact is about me!  I’d love to hear what you think.

Terrill 


No comments:

Post a Comment